Monday, October 22, 2012

Conversations With Emily At Enchanted Rock

*this excerpt doesn't even include the part when I claimed an island in a puddle and then got distracted by science happening in the water

Emily: Oh, you don't have a cactus picture yet!

Me: I have lots of pictures of cacti.

Emily: No, a picture where you look like you're sitting on a cactus.

Me: That doesn't seem like a real thing.

Emily: It's a Texas things. Everyone has one. Here, I'll show you. Wait, not this one, that's kind of short. Ah yes, this one.

(Emily squats over cactus unconvincingly)

Me: I'm pretty sure this is just going to look like I'm shitting on a cactus.

Emily: No, it will look like you're sitting on it and it will be funny because it's a cactus.

Me: All right. I mean, if every Texan has this photo.

(squats over cactus)

Emily: YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE SHITTING ON IT!

Me: UM THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I SAID THIS WOULD LOOK LIKE!

Emily: hahaha, now you'll always remember that time I almost made you sit on a cactus.

P.S. BECAUSE SO MANY OF YOU DEMANDED AN EMBARRASSING PHOTO. Here it is. You're welcome.
Notice the progression from "WTF?" to "I mean, all right" to casually chatting ont he phone while I SHIT ON A CACTUS. 



2 comments: